- Every resident of Old Tappan, over the age of 5, is entitled to a free library card.
- You must show identification with proof of residence when applying for a card.
- Your Old Tappan Library card will be honored in all 74 member libraries of the Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS).
- Lost cards may be replaced for a fee of $2.00.
- Nonresidents may purchase an Old Tappan Library card for an annual fee of $400.00. Pay cards are only good at the Old Tappan Library and only for Old Tappan material.
Loan Periods & Fines
|New Books||14 Days||$0.10/day|
|New DVDs||2 Days||$1.00/day|
|Music CDs||7 Days||$0.10/day|
|Audio Books||21 Days||$0.10/day|
|Adult & Juvenile Books||21 Days||$0.10/day|
If no one else is waiting, most materials may be renewed. Once you have reached the maximum number of renewals, the item must be returned and re-shelved by the staff before you can borrow it again. This process usually takes one day, and is not performed on demand.
Private/Commercial Business Policy
Tutoring is an activity that relates to the library's role as an educational support center. However, use of the library's space is permitted for non-profit tutoring (i.e ESL tutors, etc.) only. These tutors must register and be authorized by the staff.
The Board of Trustees of Old Tappan Public Library prohibits any person/s from conducting private Commercial business anywhere in the Library.
Private business includes, but is not limited to: private paid tutors, internet business, presentation to client for paid services and any other private/commercial businesses.